Interior Designers Spanish Fork UT
834 E 1550 S Orem
Five Star Painting
938 South 2000 West Suite
Alice Lane Home Collection
1350 South State Street
The Wall Works
123 sesame st
vinyl lettering and decals
1497 South State Street
834 E 1550 S
Jones Paint & Glass
1250 West 100 North
1188 n 185 w
1329 North State Street
Rasmussen Furniture & Design
108 East 400 South
Room Decorating Designs
Add-ons that are functional or just plain fun!
We've covered the major rooms in any home, but nowadays, people have all sorts of specialty rooms. These rooms might be made from a converted bedroom, a finished basement or even a complete addition to the existing structure of your home.
Generally, specialty rooms highlight hobbies or areas of interest, such as a workshop or wine cellar. However, some rooms (such as laundry rooms or furnace rooms) are simply a means of separating household functions from the more people-oriented areas of the home.
Since these rooms are out of the way, they tend to be the last rooms decorated – if they even do get decorated! But while they may not be design priorities, these rooms often require some form of appliance or furnishing, and eventually, you're probably going want to tie them in to your overall home decor. Many of these rooms, when done properly, can add great value to your home if you ever decide to sell, so paying a little attention to the details now can be well worth your while later.
Some of the most common additional rooms are:
- Basement. The downstairs rooms of a house can be finished and used for recreation, or left unfinished and used for storage. Families with children typically choose to finish their basements to give the kids a place to play.
- Garage . The garage's primary purpose is to store vehicles, but they're also often used for storing tools and equipment. Many garages also have a work bench area where handymen can engage in their favorite hobbies.
- Guest Room. If you frequently entertain guests, it is a nice thing to be able to offer them their own bedroom. Guest rooms also ensure that you have "space to grow" if you're planning on having a family.
- Library. Book collectors love to have a place to show off their wares, and an in-house library makes a distinguished addition to any home, provided you have the space.
- Laundry Room . Washers and dryers make a lot of noise when they'...
Click here to read more from American Modern Living