Folding Chairs Washington DC
1100 New York Ave NW
Alperstein's Furniture Store
1015 7th Street NW
2013 Benning Rd NE
Capital Carpet & Furniture
1825 14th St NW
235 Cromwell Ter NE
Four Star Inc
441 New Jersey Ave NW
P & P Office Furniture Supply
913 U St NW
1929 18th Street NW #303
Data Provided By:
300 D St SW Suite 601
Georgetown Refinishing & Antique Resto
1819 14th St NW
Data Provided By:
Folding chairs save space in the kitchen
Today's folding chair actually dates back to the time of the ancient Egyptians; depictions of King Tutankhamen show him sitting on a sloping stool. These cushioned folding stools were originally reserved for royalty and for use on the battlefield. Today, we find folding chairs almost everywhere, from outdoor picnics to concerts and sporting events to seating for extra guests at the dining table .
Types of Folding Chairs
Several general types of folding chairs are readily available from local retail stores as well as online sources. Many are available for purchase as sets of coordinating folding tables and chairs. Folding chair styles include:
- Metal folding chairs, which are constructed from aluminum or steel and are generally fairly durable and quite inexpensive
- Plastic folding chairs, which are made from polypropylene or other rigid plastics. These chairs are lightweight but often not very sturdy.
- Wood folding chairs, which generally offer a more formal look. These chairs are available in a number of styles and finishes to coordinate with the decor in the kitchen or any other room.
- Padded folding chairs, which feature backrests and seats filled with soft foam to provide comfort. Padded chairs are usually upholstered with canvas, vinyl or some other type of durable fabric.
- Reinforced folding chairs, which feature sturdier construction and additional bracing to withstand frequent use
Considerations when Purchasing Folding Chairs
The first step in purchasing folding chairs is to determine what the main use for the chairs will be. Many homes have a set or two of folding chairs on hand to accommodate guests for meals or parties. Lightweight folding chairs that are easy to store, set up and move are a great choice for this purpose.
The style and color of the folding chairs should coordinate with the decor in the kitchen, dining room or wherever the chairs will most frequently be used. For a ...
Click here to read more from American Modern Living