Desks Bloomington IN
Bloomington True Value Hdwe
2700 E Covenanter Dr
Ellettsville True Value
4610 W Richland Plz
LOWE'S OF BLOOMINGTON, IND.
350 NORTH GATES DR. BLOOMINGTON, IN, 47404
671 South Landmark Avenue Bloomington, IN, 47403
Winslow Our Own Hardware
333 Winslow Road
Bender Lumber Company
611 West 11th
350 North Gates Drive
M-SA 6:30 am - 10 pm
SU 8 am - 8 pm
Black Lumber Co., Inc.
1710 S Henderson
Rbs Building Materials Dist.
444 S. Paterson
2812 E 3Rd St
Desks | Home Office Furniture | American Modern Living
Options for a home office desk
Choosing the right home office desk is a matter of marrying function with fashion; you want a piece that complements the room's decor while providing full functionality. For example, if you live in a mature home with a lot of older furniture, an antique desk makes a good choice, particularly if it's primarily a showpiece. On the other hand, an ergonomic computer desk makes a better choice if you live in a sleek, contemporary urban condominium.
Get to Know the Different Types of Desks
The piece you choose to bring home will depend on what you're planning to use your new desk for, what your budget is and how much space you have. Here's a broad overview of the types of desks on the market and the applications they're best suited for:
- Executive desk. These stately pieces are generally made of treated and finished wood and tend to be broad, heavy and imposing. They usually feature ample drawer space and stylish flourishes that show quality craftsmanship and close attention to detail.
- Ergonomic computer desk. A favorite of students and professionals who spend a lot of time at their desks, these pieces are designed for convenience and comfort. A computer desk holds your monitor and keyboard at ideal heights, and provides convenient access to your computer , printer and other components. They are generally compact, and many models are adjustable to ensure individual users can posture themselves correctly during lengthy work sessions.
- Corner computer desk. Like the ergonomic computer desk, a corner computer desk is designed to promote proper posture and spatial economy, except that they're contoured to fit in corners. This allows you to maximize floor space in the room while enjoying the full functionality of an ergonomic desk.
- Laptop desk. A typical laptop desk is relatively simple, composed of a flat glass, wooden or polymer surface and metal legs that allow you to adjust the height. They're small and usually feature little storage space. They make a good choice for users on budgets or those with limited space and modest storage needs.
- Writing desk. Despite the fact that we're living in the digital age, there's still a place for a good, old-fashioned writing desk. These desks normally feature multiple cubbyholes for storing writing supplies, plenty of drawer space for holding stationery and a sturdy, durable surface that won't be damaged by heavy use.
- Roll top desk. Like the writing desk, the roll ...
Click here to read more from American Modern Living